Gmail notifier for your desktop
- Supports multiple accounts
- Displays previews and full messages
- Supports Growl alerts
- Supports IMAP and Google Apps
- No way to add or download attachments
- Limited editing of mail in free version
However, since version 1, Notify has been expanded considerably to now allow Google Apps as well as built in support for Rackspace Email, MobileMe and even generic IMAP accounts. You can even reply to Gmail messages instantly within Notify without even opening your browser. In fact, you don't really need a browser at all as Notify allows you to read entire messages, mark them and delete them directly within its own desktop interface. Each account can be manged using the 'tabs on top' interface and you'll receive a Growl alert for newly received mail.
However, you can't download or add attachments without accessing your browser and previewing images can be slow in Notify. The Pro version is also considerably more functional than the free version and its well worth upgrading if you're impressed with the free version of Notify. Other than that, it would be nice to be able to access Gmail tags and labels within Notify.
Overall though, Notify is an excellent Gmail desktop alert application that means you can keep closer tabs on your Gmail e-mail.
- Fetch photos from Address Book for Growl notifications. Added option to always mark read when moving or deleting. Added option to mark read automatically when previewing. Added support for more international trash names. Added option to dim menubar icon when an account is not connected. Added keyboard shortcuts to the preview window. Added keyboard shortcuts for changing tabs. Added option to display only plaintext in previews. Fixed parsing of some missed links in preview window. Increase performance when marking multiple messages as read. Misc. crash and bug fixes.